Fri 2020-11-27 14:30
One online retailer's recipe for Black Friday success:
- Announce a big Black Friday sale.
- Discount products heavily for a limited time period.
- Use a janky e-comm system that breaks shortly after people finish eating their Thanksgiving meal.
- IMPORTANT: send your entire staff home for the long holiday weekend (because you are a "cool" company) so nobody is there to see that the system is down, or to respond to customer inquiries.
- Come in on Monday and wonder why your Black Friday sales sucked.
- [insert sad trombone]