- Data center and cloud services architect and engineer with a background in global-scale internetwork design and implementation.
- An information technology veteran with over twenty years of progressive experience in the industry.
- A well-rounded generalist, capable of integrating multiple domains of knowledge to bring a unique skillset to problem solving and solutions design.
- Expert in Linux enterprise systems engineering, networking, and virtualization at data center scale.
- Web application developer with a DevOps background and experience supporting Agile development teams in the delivery of production code.
Systems engineering and administration
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) / CentOS
- Ubuntu Server / Debian
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) / openSUSE
- Network application and infrastructure services
- MariaDB/MySQL administration
- LXC and Docker containers
- KVM/QEMU virtualization
- Bash and Python scripting
Network design and engineering
- IPv4 and IPv6
- EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- Enterprise LAN/WAN routing and switching
- VPN and remote access
- Cisco routing, switching, and wireless platforms (ISR, Catalyst, Nexus, Aironet, Meraki)
- Cisco and Checkpoint firewall platforms
- IOS and NX-OS feature sets (redundancy/failover, VRF, VSS, QoS, IPsec)
Development and Internet services
- LAMP/LEMP stacks
- TLS, load balancing, caching, reverse proxy, web platform security
- DNS/DNSSEC administration
- Email and communication platforms
- Ansible configuration management and automation
- AWS administration (EC2, S3, Route53)
- Network security design, implementation, and auditing
- Penetration testing, incident response, forensics
- Administration of firewalls, IDS/IPS, log aggregation, RADIUS/TACACS+
- Compliance implementation and validation (PCI DSS, HIPAA)
Technology ConsultantPOD7, LLC.
Sioux Falls, SD [2017 to present]Freelance consulting and technology services. Project planning, design, and remote implementation for office moves/consolidations and data center relocation. Remote support, security analysis, and disaster recovery consulting.
Information Security EngineerWells Fargo
Charlotte, NC [2016 / 10 mo contract]Discovery, audit, and analysis of third-party network connections to ensure compliance with bank security policy. Design and implementation of firewall policy changes for production financial applications.
Contract ConsultantMood Media
Fort Mill, SC [2014-2015 / 12 mo contract]Infrastructure design and implementation, support of global operations, problem resolution for escalated issues.
Transitioned in 2014 from full-time roles to contract and freelance project-based employment.
Enterprise ArchitectMood Media
Fort Mill, SC [2012-2014]Engineered and implemented the North American and European data services and content delivery networks, as well as backoffice and hosting data centers in North America and western Europe. Direct report to the Global VP, Information Technology; dotted line report to the Global Chief Information Officer.
Senior Network and Systems EngineerORCS Web
Charlotte, NC [2011-2012]Member of ORCS Web's Architecture team. Provided customer-focused network and systems engineering and implementation services. Designed, deployed and supported internal network, systems, and storage infrastructure within the company's Charlotte data center.
Senior Network and Systems EngineerHawkeye FFWD Ltd.
Charlotte, NC [2008-2011]Responsible for all facets of the operation of Hawkeye's Charlotte, Dallas, and Seattle data centers, as well as a global network infrastructure spanning North America, Europe, and Asia. Engineered and supported a scalable, secure web services environment that hosted mission-critical content for such companies as Microsoft, Cisco, and Bank of America. Worked closely with development teams to tightly manage projects and application life cycles.
Network Services ManagerNortheast Medical Center
Concord, NC [2005-2008]Managed and supported the data center, medical application systems, and wired/wireless data infrastructure of this large regional hospital. Managed a team of seven engineers. Performed the design, project planning, coordination, asset management, and deployment of many large technology-driven initiatives and hospital expansions.
Network and Systems EngineerVenturi Partners
Charlotte, NC [2003-2005]Provided technology support and services to Venturi's 130 field offices, as well as engineering and administration of the company's Charlotte headquarters and data center. Managed the company's North American wide area network footprint, Internet edge, and network security infrastructure.
Charlotte, NC [2001-2003]Performed network, systems, and application support services for a group of customers ranging in size from a small insurance agency to a multinational manufacturing firm. Services included infrastructure design and implementation, technology consulting, network and systems support, and application development.
Consulting EngineerWestar Technologies
Charlotte, NC [1996-2001]Architected and implemented Westar's business ISP offering, delivering Internet access and associated infrastructure services to Charlotte-area business customers via leased line and POTS/ISDN dial-up. Played an integral role in building and developing the company's co-location data center, as well as shared web hosting and ASP environments.